The MLM business model frequently drives people to either try to cram products down a customer’s throat or to spend a lot of time doing cold approaches / cold calls.
However, the marketing side is frequently lacking. It’s a lot easier to get customers from leads that are approaching you, rather than trying to convert a complete and unaware stranger.
MLM is a lot of work. The difference between being successful and coming up short is whether you’re putting a lot of work into the right things. You can dig a hole with a backhoe or your hands. Both can work, but only one is smart. Always strive to be
intelligent in your actions. Try to find the best way and then work it hard.
Try these strategies to make your MLM business a huge success:
1. The key is to market, not to prospect. What’s the difference? When you prospect, you’re approaching a stranger that might not have any interest in what you’re providing. When you market, you get people calling you that are already interested; that’s why they called in the first place. Regularly spend some time thinking about new ways to reach the people that might already have an interest in buying your products or joining your downline. 10 minutes a day can accomplish more than you think.
2. Be constantly building your list of leads. No leads = no money. By having an ever-growing list of leads, you’ll always have new people signing up. Some will sign-up immediately, others will wait. But someone will always be ready to join you.
The top producers in the MLM world get at least 100 new leads every day. Keep working at it until you can say the same.
3. Focus on providing high value. The customer is always right. Just like any other business, if your customers aren’t happy, you’re not going to be happy. Focus on their needs first and do so to the best of your ability; word gets around. When someone is really happy with you is the best time to ask for referrals.
You’ll get more that way! So keeping your customers happy also brings in a continual source of new leads.
4. Find the right niche for you. You’re an individual, so the best niche for you has nothing to do with what worked for someone else. You have your own likes, dislikes, strengths, and weaknesses. When you’re in the right niche, your customers and fellow marketers will connect with you better. Remember that it’s all about relationships.
5. Focus on solving problems. People pay money for solutions to their challenges. Whether it’s getting their car fixed or being treated by doctors. Nearly everything everyone buys solves some sort of problem. Focus your intent there and you’ll be rewarded. Again, this puts you in the best position to get referrals, too.
6. Learn from the hyper-successful. There is no good reason to try to figure out everything on your own. Look to those that have found the success you’re looking for, and try to figure out how they did it. Better yet, ask them. Many highly successful people had a mentor at some point; find yours.
7. Teach your downline these strategies. Because of the structure of MLM, when your downline members use these techniques, your business will grow tremendously! Can you see how this might be a better way to approach your business? Market your brains out, and then do a great job solving their problems. Word will spread. Focus on generating solid leads, not blindly calling every person in the phone book. Most
importantly, find a great mentor.
Remember: it’s all about marketing; leave the prospecting to everyone else!